Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Friday 15 June 2012

Dieticians of Nova Scotia


     
      During our family yard sale last Saturday, I decided to pass out nutrition 
plans, pamphlets and small menu planners for adults and the kids. While my 
family was selling off our items, I was able to generate much conversation 
around these nutrition handouts. From old to young, many asked me where the 
the information came from and what it was about. I found myself diving into 
their personal diets and lifestyles just through conversation. I began to 
discover that this was an awesome idea! As more people need tools and items 
to help them achieve their health and nutrition goals, I realized that this 
was another way to get it into their hands.

   
     Above is a picture of one of the menu planning tools I was given from the Dieticians of NS (Which I have passed along to the Maritime Wrestling Academy). These are essentials tools to carry around and give away to people. You can go online to teachnutrition.org today and register to have up to 100 packets of each item sent to your school, business or community. These as well as other items are 
totally free and can serve as an awesome resource to help kids, youth and 
adults. The plate menu allows you to check YOUR age category to see exactly 
how many servings of each food group you need daily.

  
   There are also awesome recipe booklets.They break down how to make healthier 
summer smoothies and how to add more protein to your breakfast while also 
providing tips to help you make better food choices.I am glad to have paired 
with the Dieticians of NS to provide Nova Scotians young and old with some 
extra information and conversation to help them improve their diets and make 
nutrition more of a priority in their lives! 

 Ryan Fahey
 B.A Human Kinetics 
CPTN Canada
Canfitpro FIS, PTS 
NCCP

No comments:

Post a Comment