Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Monday 13 February 2012

The Importance of the Sauna

     Yesturday, I was fortunate enough to have the time and energy to finish off my shoulder and abdominal workout with a trip to the sauna. Usually, I plan on hitting up the sauna after each of my workouts. However, due to talking, time constraints, etc I struggle to find the time to enjoy the sauna.
    Going to the sauna is one of the greatest things you can do for your body. You just relax and let the sweat pour out of you as you reflect on your day, your workout or just relieve your stress. I enjoy taking a book into the sauna and doing some nice quiet reading and critical thinking after my workout. For me, that makes it even more enjoyable, thus I will continue to plan for enough time following my workouts to spend some time in there.
   Now, your probably thinking, "Ryan, I don't want to sit and sweat in a sauna with other people". Or, "Ryan, that sounds like a great idea but I don't have the time to do this." not to worry!  First of all, it's not a out sitting there with other people who are likely wearing almost nothing, it is about sweating and purifying your body of toxins and substances we ingest in our daily lives. For example, we consume so much sodium in our diets and often a 30 minute cardio session is does not cut it. We need to be sure sweat out these toxins and in order to do this the sauna should be incorporated into our schedules. Especially during the winter when we are not sweating nearly as much, it is important to purify our bodies as much as we can. Sweating is awesome for speeding up our bodily systems.
  Now, to answer the second question about having enough time to sit and read in the sauna, my answer is simple. If something is important enough to you, you will find time to do it! So, if sweating and cleansing your body of toxins is a priority in your life (which it should be) then you will find the time to add that 5-10 minutes to your gym time.
    Basically, find a great book or your favorite magazine, find an extra five minutes and enjoy the sauna at your local gym! Be educated.

Ryan Fahey
B.A Human Kinetics
CPTN Canada
Canfitpro
NCCP Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment