Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Sunday 1 June 2014

"Education Is The Most Powerful Weapon Which You Can Use To Change The World."

       

          A few weeks ago I blogged about the first four ways to become successful in the 21st century. Well, without further ado, here are the following five tips to living a successful life. I am sure many of you may have more to add to this list as I am not an expert on life however, be willing as am I, to learn and continue your journey to success here:

  1. Expect Failure, But Don’t Accept It: Too many people give in way too easily. I don’t know what your situation may be but quitting should never be an option. We often learn the most about ourselves through failure. Accept that learning challenge for what it is.
  2. Rejection Is Protection: My cousin in Virginia reminded me of this a few weeks ago. Whether you are rejected for a new job, a relationship or whatever else you may have felt qualified for, that may be the best result for you in that moment. Therefore don’t be slowed. Always find a positive in what can initially come off as negative in your life. Afterall, rejection could be setting you up for something bigger or better in your future. 
  3. Leadership Is A Thankless Job: I first heard this from a wise professor at StFX University. Don’t expect a thank you after you run your first 5km road race. Don’t expect a thank you when you reach a new personal best at the gym on your squat exercise. Leading a life of excellence and preparedness does not come with many ‘thank yous’
  4. Educate: Seek out the resources you need to make sure that you educate yourself to be sharper for when something else arises in the future. This includes listening and learning from those who have been there and done it.
  5. Go Easy…On Yourself: This last point comes directly from someone who knows. I am the type that has always been harder on myself than may be necessary. Learning not to take shortcomings too personal to the point where it derails us without even knowing is a skill to work on. Being overly hard on yourself can lead to emotional baggage which is superfluous. Be realistic with yourself!


Feel free to comment or tweet me with some ways you have found to be successful in your personal and professional life. I am always up for new ideas, philosophies and perspectives! Thank you for being a part of the wellness network!


Ryan Fahey

No comments:

Post a Comment