Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Badminton

       Is there really anything better? This sport has it all. Speed, strength, agility, focus and endurance, badminton challenges you to think and act in a consistent, confident way to win matches. First, let me state that I am a certified badminton coach in Canada and am biased towards this sport in terms of my affinity for the game. I really enjoy coaching, playing and competing in this sport.    
       Badminton is a gateway sport into many other sports such as racquetball, squash, tennis, etc and I have seen kids transform their lifestyle habbits for the better through participating in badminton. Having line judged for the Canada winter games and coached entry level badminton players, I have seen and enjoyed the artistic expression surrounding this sport.  In places around the world, Badminton is ramping up. Denmark, Malaysia and China have all led the way in the last few decades in developing the world 's greatest badminton athletes and I encourage you to watch the video I have posted to see the intensity and expression in the sport. I actually follow badminton Denmark on twitter and enjoy seeing pictures of world class play from around the world.  (tweet me @wellnessrf)    
    Ultimately, parents; I encourage you to find a local badminton club in your area and get your children involved to at least try it. For all you youngsters reading my blog, I encourage you to give it a shot, do not get frustrated if you are not the greatest player in the world. Continue to practice and have fun playing. Trust me,  badminton is a great lifelong sport.

 Ryan Fahey
 B.A Human Kinetics
CPTN Canada
 Canfitpro
 NCCP

No comments:

Post a Comment