Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Thursday 15 December 2011

That was easy?

It is a philosophy to live by. Sit down, look in the mirror or simply repeat that statement to yourself when you get up in the morning.
You may be thinking "my life sucks" or " I am too tired" or " nobody works as hard as I do". Well, congratulations to you lucky individuals who have this thought process going on. This is not necessarily a bad thing. This is a natural thing. We sometimes get so busy and preoccupied with our jobs, careers, hobbies and endeavors and often get worn down. We often work really hard at what we do and sometimes it's hard to see the long term benefits of such a daunting number of tasks. But I come to you today to tell you to keep pushing, keep digging and keep striving to do your best work and to continue on in your tasks even if you feel like it is hard to go on.  I fully realize this is easier said than done but know that you are not alone. I myself tend to bite off more than I can chew and sometimes have to repeat this statement over and over in my head. A good buddy and client of mine was the one who sparked this realistic ideology for me. I firmly believe that if your life was easy, everyone would be living it. Or, if your job was easy, everyone would be doing it. But the thing to remember is that no one can live your life, and if you can convince yourself that no one can do your job better than you can you will be more productive, enthusiastic and positive within your jobs and daily tasks.
In all honesty, I wake up some mornings with that sluggish dragging of feet and wonder why I am up so early and coming home so late. Sometimes I feel like I am crazy. It's true, by definition, I am insane. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If this is the case, I am in good company with many people! However, each day I try to take 10-30 minutes for myself to sit, relax and listen to my thoughts or nature or an inspirational video on YouTube to get me through the day. I believe that is the easiest part of my day and everyone should be doing that. As busy as you are, I challenge all of you to take time for yourself everyday and immerse yourself in your thoughts, picture yourself doing something you enjoy or just sit and close your eyes and listen to your thoughts. It will surprise you just how much your energy and enthusiasm for what your doing and the difference you are making will improve.
    If there is one thing to take from this blog, it is to not always take the easy way out and to remind yourself that yes you are insane by definition, but you are not in it alone. You make a difference. Your hard work and determination speak louder than words. Your motivational attitudes will payoff for influencing others. You are the light in a chaotic world. You are a true example of what it takes to become successful. You hold the key to happiness. Keep digging and finally always remember, "when all else has failed, the wings of dedication will not".

Ryan Fahey
B.A Human Kinetics
CPTN Canada
Canfitpro

1 comment:

  1. Your good buddy and client sounds like a wise individual...

    ReplyDelete