Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Saturday 23 November 2013

Are You Thankful?



      With Thanksgiving days away, I could not help but to write a blog about how thankful I am for the greatest things in my life. For those of you know follow me on twitter and/or know me personally, you will notice I tend to see the positives in events, with work and in my personal life. I want you to think about all of the things in which you are thankful for in your life as you read my blog. After all, highlighting those positives only breeds an environment conducive of social and emotional wellness.
      First, I am working on my second Thanksgiving. My first one in Canada with my family in October. It truly has been a great opportunity to experience thanksgiving in both the US and Canada in the same year with some amazing people in both countries.
     With that in mind, I have never been more proud of and thankful for my amazing family back home. I know for a fact that they continue to support me wherever I may be and they deserve thanks to no end. Have you told members of your family you are thankful for them?
     Migrating from my entire network of friends, coworkers and family members and traveling to a new part of the world has been the single hardest, yet most rewarding, part of my young life. I have been blessed to have an amazing family here in Raleigh take me in as their own son. They have been able to answer all of my questions, point me to the best doctors in NC and have given me some of the best advice that school could never teach. I am so thankful that I have them in my life as I continue to expand my professional career. 
     The entire reason why I moved to Raleigh, NC was for my full time position with Be Active Kids. I knew this was an organization I wanted to work for and I knew that the philosophy there, accompanied by a great leadership team, would be the right decision for me. Was I right? 100%. One of my former clients and now mentor once told me, "Ryan, fortune favours the bold". The bold decisions I have made in my life have recently paid insurmountable dividends to which I am thankful. Are you thankful for your job?
      Lastly, I went for a run the other day (which is my personal reflection time) and I realized even more things I am thankful for:

1. I can run in shorts everyday
2. I can workout at an awesome and clean YMCA
3. I have some amazing friends doing some amazing things for me
4. I am in good health
5. I am aligning my passion with my profession everyday 


    Now, you are most likely thinking, "Ryan, what is the purpose of this blog? Many people are not as fortunate as you and have less to be thankful for." To that question I must say that every single person on this planet has something(s) to be thankful for. Sometimes you have to dig just a little bit deeper to find out what those things may be.

Ryan Fahey

No comments:

Post a Comment