Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Thursday 15 November 2012

My Bootcamp

  
     Each week I am blessed to teach adult group fitness classes for the St. FX University Recreation Department. On Wednesdays, from 5:15pm until 6:00pm, I have the opportunity to make a difference in others’ lives through fitness. From the welcoming smiles to the wiping of foreheads, every minute of bootcamp is enjoyable. I teach a circuit style class with both cardiovascular training (CVT) components and resistance training (RT) components. I find it is the best way to tackle bootcamp in a fast pace, calorie burning endeavour.
Here is the breakdown of my class:

-Warm up (WU) 5 Minutes

-7 Stations set up around the room which hit every muscle group (I invite you to come to my class to see what these are!)

-Rotate clockwise from station to station
-In between each rotation, 1 minute of HITT’s- High intensity interval training
-Once every participant has completed each station, if time allows, I usually have a participant's choice. Here participants choose their favorite station/exercise and repeat it.
-Cool Down/Stretch
       I have been teaching bootcamps for three years now. I continue to enjoy it more every day. I always make sure participants get a good workout at any level of fitness they may have and I never have participants so exhausted they cannot walk home. There is just something rewarding about making your own, authentic exercise lesson plan, executing it in a safe, fun and effective manner with high fives and smiles all around from participants after class! I firmly believe I will still be teaching a form of bootcamp by the time I am 40, 50 and probably even when I am 60 in some form or another. There is no better way to socialize and meet new people than to do it through a class such as bootcamp. I encourage all of you to find a fitness class you think you will enjoy and try it! There are yoga classes, zumba classes, step classes, etc. pretty much around every corner. Find one, get involved and enjoy it!
Ryan Fahey
B.A Human Kinetics

No comments:

Post a Comment