Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Saturday 21 April 2012

Vision

  
   ~He who lacks Vision is already stagnant.~
    That is a famous quote from former president Bill Clinton. The truth behind this statement is an affirmation of the necessity of seeking out new opportunities, positions, business ventures, etc by casting your vision. Having a vision for your life, your job, your family and the entirety of your future is key to being prepared for the stresses that life throws at you. If you constantly look ahead to the next season, the next year or the next job you are hoping to get, do not hesitate to narrow in your vision.  
     Having a vision for the future is a great thing and it is free. It can foster feelings of optimism when things at your job may not be so great and it can keep you motivate through the ups and downs with life. Vision works best when it is narrowed in and your vision is achievable. Just like goal setting, vision can be the roadmap to your success. For example, if I want to set new summer fitness goals, I have to have a vision of where I want my fitness levels to be, how I want to feel, how I want to look and I need to think about if this vision is in line  with my personal goals. But, without narrowing in on that vision, we often lose sight of our goals and fall short on seeing them through.
     I like to treat my vision as a game of chess. In chess, you must think two steps ahead in order to succeed in successive moves. The vision practiced there transfers over into other aspects of my life. Envisioning life and your goals two steps before they happen can make all the difference. A good friend once told me, "Ryan, when you stand at the crossroads of life, choosing the path which contributes most to your visions is the best choice." I truly believe this and believe in constantly having a vision.

Ryan Fahey
B.A Human Kinetics
CPTN Canada
Canfitpro
NCCP

No comments:

Post a Comment