Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Monday 21 November 2011

The Power of Positive Thinking....

The other day I started reading a new book. Despite being in the midst of a time consuming teaching practicum at Trenton Middle School, I felt it was essential for me to continue on with my own professional literacy and further my ongoing education along with teaching. A good friend and mentor of my mine constantly reminds me of the importance of ongoing learning, so I started reading Norman Vincent Peale's book, "The Power of Positive Thinking".
   This book is by far one of the best books I have ever read. I am onl two chapters into the read and I am a changed man. It throws you into self questioning in the first line of the first chapter. Dare I say more? Here is an excerpt from the beginning of the book, you be the judge!
Chapter one: Believe in yourself
    "Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own abilities you cannot be successful or happy."
   This statement grabbed my attention immediately. It hits the nail on the head. So many of us live each day to "just get by", or "work for the weekend". So true is it not? We wake up and we know that we are going to work, or to school but we often do not believe in ourselves. We often sell ourselves short and not raise the bar higher in fear of a greater workload, fear of being observed by coworkers and family and the list goes on. However, if you take these fears, these negative cognitations, and transform them into positive thinking, the power is in your hands. Your work proficiency will increase, your financial situation will eventually improve and your health will be sustained if not improved. The key to success and happiness is not necessarily the most money or the sleekest sportscar. Happiness is found when we approach each day, each decision will an abundance of positivity towards ourselves, our family and our friends. This shift in thinking can become a lifestyle if you can convince yourself that confidence can strengthen your life.
   I eagerly encourage each one of you to pick up this book or to put it on your Christmas wish list, it is a timeless, classic read which so far has completely changed my outlook on teaching students and training clients.

Ryan B Fahey
B.A Human Kinetics
CPTN Canada
canfitpro Fitness Instructor

No comments:

Post a Comment