Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Home gym rave!

    
     There is just something about having a home gym. Having your own little space,  not having to leave your house and enter the cold winter weather and being able to literally role out of bed and squeeze in your 30min workout in a more efficient manner is desirable. They are truly an awesome thing to have in your life.          
     When I created my home gym (seen above) I built it up slowly by collecting a selection of different weight plates, dumbbells, bars, stability balls (not shown), etc.  this was not a gym I could create over night. I had to go to great lengths to purchase and collect some of my equipment and was given the Weider home gym bench set for Christmas last year. But, the whole point is that it took me about 2 years to get a fully functional based home gym in my parents basement.     
      Since having the gym, I have added a sweet stereo with a fibre Op cord and sub woofer to maximize my intensity and change the mood of my workouts accordingly. I don't know about you, but I love working out at home when I have the chance! Gyms are great but let's face it, most of us would prefer exercising in the luxury of our own homes!      
      I encourage you all to start putting together YOUR makeshift home gym. Whether it is a steel pipe hanging from two pieces of rope on the rafters becoming your precious pull up bar or simply grabbing a pull up bar from Walmart and putting it up in the door way like Scooby would do [http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/] anything can become your gym equipment. You do not need anything fancy, you just need space and preferably something which you can move, or something that will allow your body to move. That is the basis of any exercise! Next time you are at a yard sale, scout out some "gym" gear like a dumbbell or even a short bar you can load weights on.  Even if the dumbbell is 90lbs, buy it and figure out a way to incorporate it into your workouts or use it as your long term goal to move it properly with ease. Some of the fittest people in the world train in their basement or vacant garage space, so I don't tell me you cannot workout at home. Hahaha. It saves on expensive gym memberships, gas in your car,  pricey lulu pants and fancy shoes. Just sweat pants and a t-shirt can be the dress code for your new home gym.            
     Ultimately, you can tell your friends and coworkers that you too are the sole owner of your business. After all, you own your own unique home gym which no one can fully replicate!

 Ryan Fahey
B.A Human Kinetics
CPTN Canada
Canfitpro
 NCCP

No comments:

Post a Comment