Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Friday 6 April 2012

Friendship and emotional wellness

      Badminton may be the greatest sport going, but nothing replaces a best friend.  Last night I went to one of my good friend's birthday party. Having had a long, exhausting day teaching and coaching, I still felt amped up to be in good company with friends. From guitar playing, singing, laughing and telling stories there were many hugs and high fives to go along with  fireworks. It was truly awesome. While visiting my friend, my other buddy decided to give me something truly special. Knowing my birthday is soon, he searched out a unique gift which is one of those gifts I will always look at and use and think of him. You know what those kind of gifts are! They are not necessarily the kind of gifts you just ask for. Rather, they are those gifts that just fit and completely surprise you and you think, "Wow, how did I not think about this." It was priceless and receiving it reminded me of our close friendship.  
      So your sipping on your coffee and thinking, "Ryan, this is pretty touching but where are you going with this." Well, go out today and find one of your friends and tell them how special they are. Remind them of how much you value their friendship. Help them when they need your listening ear and guide them through life's obstacles. We cannot begin to fathom how our lives would be negatively affected if friend's were absent from our lives. Sometimes a small present, a good shout out, a great conversation or even a good laugh can completely transform your friend's life and remind them of how significant you are to them!          
     Selecting and maintaining friendships and common values needs to be a thought out decision. Find people who share what you value, live how you live, listen and support you and who think like you. Those friendships will only strengthen you and bring the best out in you. Having friends like this will sustain your emotional, physical and spiritual wellness!

 Ryan Fahey
 B.A Human Kinetics
 CPTN Canada
 Canfitpro
 NCCP

No comments:

Post a Comment