Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Sunday 29 April 2012

The Runner's High

 
    So yesterday morning I decided to get up extra early before school (5:15am)
and go for a 5km run. Of course, that is easier to think than to do. Running
that early in the day can be tricky when it is so dark and rainy and the
wind is strong.
    However, I realized that these extrinsic weather factors should not affect
my decision to go out and run, so I went anyway. While running this early in
my day, I had the chance to clear my head and capture my thoughts as well as rekindle my visions for the next few months. While finishing my run, I
pushed the last km hard and finished with your typical middle distance
sprint. As I completed my run, I had "Hey Jude" on my iPod. I stood in the
middle of the street, looked up at the sky and realized that there was no
other place and no other feeling that could replace how good I was feeling
at this time.
     That moment made me realize how happy I was be able to do something I enjoy
anytime I want to. The freedom to run is one of the greatest freedoms in the
world. The ecstasy surrounding a well deserved exercise bout is almost like
giving your mind and body your favorite treat at the same time. This high is
commonly coined the "the runner's high" and can be experienced for the price
of a cheap pair of shoes and 20-30 minutes of your time. For those of you
who cannot run, swimming, cycling and other forms of exercise can scratch
that itch as well. Find what makes that high come out in you and go after
it. Chase it down, experience it and brace yourself for the enjoyment it
brings.

Ryan Fahey
B.A Human Kinetics
CPTN Canada
Canfitpro
NCCP

No comments:

Post a Comment