Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Sunday 8 April 2012

Birthday Zen

  
    Doing what you like and want to do on your birthday is probably one of the most overlooked things in our lives. We often get caught up doing what we want during the Holiday's, on special vacation days, etc but we do not always do what it is we wish to do on our birthday's as they sometimes fall on a a work day or during a crazy time of year. However, no matter when your birthday is, you should take the time during your birthday and do whatever it is you wish to do. Whether that is taking time for yourself to workout, go for a run, read a book, talk to a long lost friend or put on your favorite movie. I cannot stress this enough.     
      Yesterday was my 23rd birthday and one of my clients reminded me to take that day to do everything I wanted to do. So, I slept in, went for a 6km run, worked out, had a piece of homemade carrot cake and enjoyed my time with my family and friends. To me, those are all important aspects of my life. I enjoy working out, spending time with my family, eating great food and talking/laughing with those I love.     
        This is my example of how I celebrated my birthday, now I want you to do the same. I want you to really try to block out any distractions, work, business or stress you may have in your life and really spend time practicing your "birthday zen". There is no better feeling then spending quality time doing what you enjoy.       
        I challenge all of you to find your birthday zen this upcoming year and when you feel that "zen", think of me and think about how great that feeling really is. We only have so many birthday's folks, so enjoy each one you can.

 Ryan Fahey
B.A Human Kinetics
CPTN Canada
 Canfitpro
 NCCP

No comments:

Post a Comment