Thank You for visiting! Merci pour avoir visite

Translate my blog

Friday 30 December 2011

Having a pen pal :)

The other day I was checking the mail and boom! There it was, a letter from a distantly familiar friend. She had written me another letter. It had been awhile since we wrote each other but as I opened up the letter and began to read that familiar writing style it felt like yesterday she had written me.
     10 summers ago in Cavendish, PE I met this girl at the boardwalk via walkee talkee, or however you spell it. See, when I was 12 we never had fluent data plans, pocket sized cell phones and email was a luxury for a country boy.so my sister and I used cheap walkee talkees to communicate with others who had them as well. I still remember her saying she was coming to visit me at the boardwalk, it was a hot summer day and I was slamming  back a cold chocolate milk when she came and introduced herself. We talked for a bit, exchanged emails and addresses. I told her I would write her and to this day, 10 years later we still write.
    Recently she wrote outer adventures in Europe, she has been traveling to Berlin, Switzerland, etc and is soon traveling to Spain and Asia. She and I have Been sharing a lot over the last few years and I am extremely excited to see where we with both be writing from and what we will be doing in another ten years.
   Now, you are probably reading this and thinking,Ryan, what does this have todo with wellness? Well folks, good question. Wellness is a wheel with six spokes. One of the spokes is social along with the other ones such as mental, physical and so on which create the unique lattice work of the sturdy wellness wheel.
   Writing to someone and having them write back may be one of the best feelings you can get for .59cents. It is so amazing knowing that somewhere in the world someone is thinking about you. Whether they are in Spain or brazil, they are thinking about you and the next post card or letter they will send you. The world is still a huge place, but we have made it smaller through communication. Cease the opportunity to catch up with an old friend or find an old friend and start writing them again and keep in contact with them. YOU benefit by practicing legible hand writing skills and they benefit from hearing what life is like in your world compared to theirs. That folks, is a huge piece of metal in my social wellness spoke which helps hold my wheel together as I travel through life maintaining health and wellness. Do not take people for granted and take the time to show someone that YOU care! Merry Christmas and happy new year everyone! Keep reading!

Ryan Fahey
B. A Human Kinetics
CPTN Canada
Canfitpro

No comments:

Post a Comment